Population from Census 2015 - 68,556
Learn more about how fast Grande Prairie is growing.
Discover how YOU can get involved with your local government
Exciting things are happening downtown Grande Prairie.
Keep up to date with the Downtown Rehabilitation Project here!
Learn more about investing in Grande Prairie, Alberta Canada
Muskoseepi Park is a must-see in Grande Prairie!
Report Non-emergency issues, like potholes and graffiti online with SeeClickFix
1. Nomination Information
2. Provincial and Municipal Legislation Governing Elections and Candidates
3. School District Information
4. Election Signage
Candidate Registration for the Office of Mayor and Councillor only:
• All Candidates must file an Intent to Run for Municipal Office before beginning any campaigning.
• No Candidate may accept campaign contributions, including the funds of the candidate (self-funded), unless the candidate is registered (by filing an Intent to Run) with the City of Grande Prairie.
• Candidates must notify the City of Grande Prairie in writing within 48 hours of any changes of information provided.
Candidates for the Offices of Mayor and Councillors must be:
• at least 18 years of age;
• a Canadian Citizen; and
• a resident of the City of Grande Prairie since March 18, 2017
Candidates for School Board Trustee must also meet the same criteria and must also reside within the board area and be a supporter of that board.
• Complete and file the appropriate nomination form; and
• Pay the nomination deposit for the Office of Mayor and Councillors only
The nomination form included in the candidate information package must be filed on nomination day in-person at City Hall, 10205 - 98 Street, First Floor, North Conference Room on September 18, 2017 between 10 a.m. and 12 noon.
The Nomination Deposit is $100.00 for the offices of Mayor and Councillors. This deposit is payable ONLY by cash, certified cheque, or money order. Please make certified cheques payable to the City of Grande Prairie.
Nomination forms are required to be signed by the Candidate in front of the Returning Officer or Commissioner for Oaths.
Candidate information packages can be picked up in-person at the election office (Legislative Services Department) at City Hall
The purpose of this information is to educate election candidates and sign companies about the process that the City of Grande Prairie has in place for election signs. Please submit completed applications, including a list of preferred locations, to firstname.lastname@example.org or drop off at City Hall, Attention: Legislative Services.
Election Sign Application Fillable Form
Contact Us Report Issues Online
© City of Grande Prairie. All Rights Reserved.
Website Created by Vision Internet
©2017 City of Grande Prairie, Alberta. All Rights Reserved. Website Created by Vision Internet