Population from Census 2015 - 68,556
Learn more about how fast Grande Prairie is growing.
Discover how YOU can get involved with your local government
Exciting things are happening downtown Grande Prairie.
Keep up to date with the Downtown Rehabilitation Project here!
Learn more about investing in Grande Prairie, Alberta Canada
Muskoseepi Park is a must-see in Grande Prairie!
Report Non-emergency issues, like potholes and graffiti online with SeeClickFix
Engineering Services is responsible for providing and/or facilitating expansion and capital replacement of infrastructure to meet the needs of a rapidly growing community to enhance quality of life and recognizing that these systems must be safe, practical and economically viable to meet the long-term needs.
• Reception & office support (operating budget, payroll, filing, communications, etc.)
• Driveway locations
• Site line enquiries
• Permit Reviews and Approvals (Utility Alignments, Excavation, Right-of-ways, Crossings, Barricades, Connection Permits)
• Subdivision Reviews and Approvals
• Road, PUL & MR closure and disposal from the subdivision application and land title prospective
• Engineering Land interests (title searches, road widening, endeavours, etc.)
• Web pages
• Planning document reviews to provide technical advice and/or approval
• Development Permit reviews to provide technical advice and/or approval
• Engineering Studies related to new development (Design Reports, Geotechnical Reports, Traffic Impact Analysis, Road Planning and Design Studies, etc.)
• Development Agreements and other legal documents related to new development (Servicing, Pre-Servicing, Access, Easements, Drainage, etc.)
• Development monitoring and inspections
• Transportation Levy By-law
• Design and Construction Manual
• Asset Management (roads, sidewalks, storm drainage, bridges, trails, traffic signs and signals) – Inventory, Pavement Management System, Bridge Evaluation Program, Sidewalk Rating Program
• Engineering Capital Projects Planning (Ensuring the right money is spent on the right assets and at the right time to maintain infrastructure plus appropriate future expansion.)
• Engineering Capital Projects Construction (RFP’s, tenders, scheduling, budgeting, funding, monitoring and inspections) – these projects can be assigned to staff in all branches
• Engineering Capital Project Studies (RFP’s, scheduling, budgeting, funding, monitoring and approval) – these projects can be assigned to staff in all branches
• Rehabilitation (overlay, sidewalks, storm sewers and bridges)
• Monitoring (Noise Monitoring, Storm Flow Monitoring, etc.)
Traffic Systems Management
• Traffic Operations Engineering (traffic and transportation by-law, crosswalks, traffic signal timing and warrants, signs and pavement markings, traffic counts, speed studies, traffic safety, traffic complaint investigations, traffic calming)
• Transportation Planning (Road Planning and Design Studies, Transportation Master Plan, Access Management)
• Requests for Residential Disabled Parking Space.
Contact Us eServices
© City of Grande Prairie. All Rights Reserved.
Website Created by Vision Internet
©2018 City of Grande Prairie, Alberta. All Rights Reserved. Website Created by Vision Internet