Skip to page body Home About GP City Government Residents Business Visitors I Want To...

Need Child Care Subsidy?

The Child Care Subsidy Program assists parents/guardians of preschool children with the cost of childcare. You can apply for subsidy if:

  • You and your spouse/partner are Canadian Citizens or Permanent Residents of Canada and live in Alberta.
  • You and your spouse/partner are currently working, attending school, and looking for work or have special needs.
  • Your child is attending a Licensed Day Care Centre, an Approved Family Day Home or a Licensed out of School Care Centre, with a Direct Care Provider.
  • You or your spouse/partner stay at home and have your child attend a Licensed Nursery School or other Early Childhood Development Program.

More Information

For more information and details on how to apply for child care subsidy, please contact the Alberta Supports Contact Centre at 1-877-644-9992 or visit the subsidy information webpage.

Subsidized Parents Accessing Care:

Confirmation of Subsidy approval Must be received by the City of Grande Prairie Family Day Home Program Office Before child care can commence.

Last updated: 4/7/2014 3:05:21 PM