Population from Census 2015 - 68,556
Learn more about how fast Grande Prairie is growing.
Discover how YOU can get involved with your local government
Learn more about investing in Grande Prairie, Alberta Canada
Report Non-emergency issues, like potholes and graffiti online with SeeClickFix
The Leisure Centre, with the exception of the soccer pitch, was closed in December 2011 with the opening of the Eastlink Centre (formerly the Aquatics and Wellness Multiplex).
In August of 2013 an Aquatic services study was conducted by Professional Environmental Recreation Consultants Ltd. (PERC) to assist in determining the community’s aquatic needs.
During the study information was gathered relating to:
• uses of existing facilities,
• condition assessments of existing facilities
• operating costs for those facilities
• demographic information about city residents
• meeting with 13 stakeholder groups to obtain input on satisfaction levels, issues and needs
• an online survey obtaining input from 799 local residents
The information gathered by the consultants has assisted us in looking at Aquatics as a whole in the community. Your input into the Grande Prairie 2014 Aquatics Survey will assist Council in making a decision not only regarding The Leisure Centre but aquatics within Grande Prairie as a whole.
Contact Us Report Issues Online
© City of Grande Prairie. All Rights Reserved.
Website Created by Vision Internet
©2016 City of Grande Prairie, Alberta. All Rights Reserved. Website Created by Vision Internet