Skip to page body Home About GP City Government Residents Business Visitors I Want To...


A Development Permit is needed for most new construction, additions / alterations or changes of use. If you are planning changes such as constructing or renovating a building or changing the use of a building, you will need permits from the Planning and Development Department. Development permits deal with a development's impact on surrounding properties. Building permits deal with the structural stability of buildings and the health and safety of the building's occupants.

View more information about Development Permits.

Download the Form

Download the Development Permit Application - Major (PDF, 281KB)


All submission requirements must be sent in with your completed Development Permit application form to ensure the timely processing of your development permit application. See the SUBMISSION CHECKLIST.

By Mail:
Development Officer,
Planning and Development, City of Grande Prairie,
9505 – 112 Street, Grande Prairie, AB
T8V 6H8

By Fax:
(780) 538-0746

By e-mail:

Last updated: 10/5/2018 9:37:33 AM