Skip to page body Home About GP City Government Residents Business Visitors I Want To...


If you are blocking traffic on side walks or roads in the city, you first need to obtain approval to do so. 

Proof of two-million-dollar liability insurance coverage must be provided before the application will be approved.  You also need to include a map of the affected area indicating the location of barricades and signage.  For block party applications a Hold Harmless Agreement must also be completed.

Download the Barricade a Public Roadway Application (PDF, 68KB)

View more information about the Barricade a Public Roadway permit.


If you are having construction or maintenance activities, a parade, block party or other special event:

City Service Centre

9505-112 Street
Grande Prairie, AB T8V 6H8

Phone: (780) 538-0417
Fax: (780) 830-7440

Last updated: 9/12/2018 10:22:41 AM