Population from Census 2015 - 68,556
Learn more about how fast Grande Prairie is growing.
Discover how YOU can get involved with your local government
Exciting things are happening downtown Grande Prairie.
Keep up to date with the Downtown Rehabilitation Project here!
Learn more about investing in Grande Prairie, Alberta Canada
Muskoseepi Park is a must-see in Grande Prairie!
Report Non-emergency issues, like potholes and graffiti online with SeeClickFix
Local Immigration Partnership (LIP) is the mechanism through which Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) supports the development of a community-based planning around the needs of newcomer settlement and integration through:
• Engaging local service providers and other institutions in newcomers’ integration process
• Supporting community-level research and strategic planning
• Improving the coordination of effective services that facilitate immigrant settlement and integration
The GPLIP is a collective impact initiative where a committee of influential partners are gathered around the table to:
• Systematize local engagement in settlement with resources available
• Build on existing local initiatives
• Contribute to the enhanced planning envisioned by IRCC in the 2008 modernized approach to settlement.
In order for Grande Prairie to continue to grow as a vibrant city that offers excellent quality of life, the GPLIP will maximize on all of the community’s assets. This includes newcomers to Canada who are choosing Grande Prairie to be their new home. It is in this way that Grande Prairie will continue to prosper as newcomers succeed and participate fully in our welcoming city.
The Grande Prairie LIP was established in the City of Grande Prairie on September 9th, 2015 under Community Social Development (CSD). Its first six months phase is from September 1st, 2015 to March 31st, 2016.
The main activities of the GPLIP are to:
• Establish an inclusive partnership council that is broad based and representative of
the community and create a terms of reference
• Conduct research on newcomer’s needs, the community’s assets and gaps, and raise awareness of
these needs with the partnership members and the wider community.
• Work towards establishing a local settlement strategy identifying key priorities for the community
• Hire a LIP Project Coordinator to initiate and complete goals and engage local partners
• Create a website/immigration portal to assist immigrants before and after they settle in Grande Prairie
• Engaging mainstream human service providers in the active inclusion of newcomers;
• Strengthening local capacity to integrate newcomers in a manner that promotes improved labour
market access, increased social inclusion, and the creation of sustainable welcoming communities
for newcomers; and
• Improving outcomes for newcomers in economic, social, political, and civic participation.
Contact Us Report Issues Online
© City of Grande Prairie. All Rights Reserved.
Website Created by Vision Internet
©2017 City of Grande Prairie, Alberta. All Rights Reserved. Website Created by Vision Internet