Skip to page body Home About GP City Government Residents Business Visitors I Want To...

Road and PUL Closures:

Review and Approval Timeline

Application Form 602-1-6 (PDF 126KB)

Municipal Reserve Disposal:

Road Widening and Land Acquisitions:

The Municipal Government Act, RSA 2000, c.M-26, as amended or replaced from time to time, requires that the owner of a parcel of land that is the subject of a proposed subdivision must provide, without compensation, to the Crown in the right of Alberta or a municipality, land for roads as required by the subdivision authority.

  • If the City requires land that has not been provided for to widen or re-align a road, the City will be in contact with the land owner to negotiate the acquisition of the required land.
  • For more information on the roads identified for road widening in the City of Grande Prairie, please email
Last updated: 7/14/2016 2:03:30 PM