Population from Census 2015 - 68,556
Learn more about how fast Grande Prairie is growing.
Discover how YOU can get involved with your local government
Exciting things are happening downtown Grande Prairie.
Keep up to date with the Downtown Rehabilitation Project here!
Learn more about investing in Grande Prairie, Alberta Canada
Muskoseepi Park is a must-see in Grande Prairie!
Report Non-emergency issues, like potholes and graffiti online with SeeClickFix
One of the goals of the Community Social Development (CSD) department is to build community capacity. The Department offers consultative, administrative and funding support to volunteer groups and agencies who endeavour to meet the social needs in the community.
Accordingly, the CSD offers grants to non-profit groups for short-term, preventive and/or community enrichment projects up to a maximum of $20,000.00.
• Non-profit groups registered under the Society’s Act, or sponsored by a registered or government agency.
• Local chapter of a provincial or federal non-profit group.
Applicants must provide measurable outcomes of the project.
Funding will not be provided for the following:
Some eligible activities of a Special Project could include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Information and referral services
• Capacity building
• Increasing public awareness about community issues
• Developing strategies for community advocacy
• Developing comprehensive social community plans and initiatives
• Environmental scans
• Service reviews
• Needs assessments
• Strategic planning
• Social Innovation/Enterprise
• An event to enhance knowledge or develop skills
• Collection of data
Applications open in spring of each year.
Contact Us eServices
© City of Grande Prairie. All Rights Reserved.
Website Created by Vision Internet
©2018 City of Grande Prairie, Alberta. All Rights Reserved. Website Created by Vision Internet