Skip to page body Home About GP City Government Residents Business Visitors I Want To...

Will I be able to continue to take my solid waste to the Clairmont Landfill?

The County has agreed to continue providing the same level of service to residents who held a Landfill Access Tag as of December 31, 2015. If you are one of those residents you will continue using the landfill as you have in the past.

Access to the Aquatera Landfill

Landfill Access Appklication Form

If you did not have a landfill access tag issued by the County of Grande Prairie on January 1, 2016, the City of Grande Prairie will provide you with an access card to the Aquatera Landfill for residential waste services.

View the letter posted to residents, February 23, 2016 here (PDF, 50KB).

The process that the City has developed is based on the process the County has used as follows:

  • Fill out an application form and provide proof of residency (drivers license, utility bill or other proof).

    Download the Rural Service Area Landfill Application From here (PDF, 891 KB) or obtain from the City Service Centre located at 9505 - 112 Street.

  • Agree to abide by the rules and regulations of Aquatera Utilities Waste Management Facility.

  • The cards issued will have an expiry date and will need to be applied for on an annual basis.

Any questions on this process can be directed to the City’s Environmental Stewardship Manager or email

Last updated: 5/16/2017 11:14:29 AM