Population from Census 2015 - 68,556
Learn more about how fast Grande Prairie is growing.
Discover how YOU can get involved with your local government
Exciting things are happening downtown Grande Prairie.
Keep up to date with the Downtown Rehabilitation Project here!
Learn more about investing in Grande Prairie, Alberta Canada
Muskoseepi Park is a must-see in Grande Prairie!
Report Non-emergency issues, like potholes and graffiti online with SeeClickFix
City crews are currently doing seasonal maintenance of thawing and removing snow/ice from over 2800 catch basins from around the City. The City uses specialized trucks to thaw the catch basins and responds to citizen reported concerns as soon as possible. Thawing ensures water effectively drains through the storm system.
• Make sure piled snow doesn’t block furnace and exhaust vents, blocking these could cause a buildup of carbon monoxide.
• Ensure your sump pump is connected, in proper working order, and draining away from your home.
• Make sure downspouts are clear, extended, and directed away from your house.
• Check and clear troughs of snow, ice, and other debris.
• Remove snow from around your foundation, especially close to window wells.
• Once the snow melt begins, clear snow away from the storm drain.
• If a catch basin/storm drain is iced over, report the concern to the citizen contact centre at 780-538-0300. Once reported it will be investigated added to a queue for maintenance.
Catch basin maintenance from the City and property protection by residents is important to prevent flooding as the weather warms. Residents are asked to report blocked or frozen catch basins and water pooling near storm drains to the contact center at 780-538-0300 or online.
Contact Us eServices
© City of Grande Prairie. All Rights Reserved.
Website Created by Vision Internet
©2018 City of Grande Prairie, Alberta. All Rights Reserved. Website Created by Vision Internet