The City of Grande Prairie as project manager, will manage the administration and supervision of the project on behalf of steering committee and project participants.
The project will consist of the development of a coordinated Intermunicipal Opioid Response that builds on the ongoing work of individual municipalities to address opioid use. Activities undertaken by this partnership would include but not limited to the following:
- Lead the development of a data sharing mechanism;
- Collect data on existing response strategies;
- Research emerging and promising practices;
- Develop an Alberta community opioid resource guide;
- Make recommendations on securing ongoing municipal support to ensure sustainability
Generated resources will be made available to all Alberta municipalities, including those that are not official partners. The project length would be approximately 18 months and would be spearheaded by a hired consultant.
Addenda 1 - answer to written questions (See full document on APC website)
Addenda 2 - answer to written questions (See full document on APC website)