Why Grande Prairie?
Grande Prairie’s vibrant economy has developed with years of steady growth. The City is in an enviable position with a diverse economic base, a local real estate market that remains an affordable and continuous opportunity for growth and diversification.
Strong resource markets in agriculture, forestry and oil and gas are the foundation of the strong economy where many energetic, business-minded people are capitalizing on the region’s growth and prosperity. Grande Prairie is a place that embraces entrepreneurship, innovation and new ideas. Come share yours here.
The Grande Prairie Business Advantage:
- No provincial sales tax and low-cost tax regime
- Rich natural resources, including natural gas, natural gas liquids, oil, oil sands, lumber and agricultural land
- Presence of major corporations such as EnCana, Husky, Canadian Natural Resources, Weyerhaeuser and Canfor
- Status as a regional service centre for a market of over 280,000
- A diverse economic portfolio with many pillars supporting fast growth
- A young population, growing at an average rate of 3.69% annually
- Affluent families; household discretionary income nearly double the national average
Industrial Land and Vacant Lots
Looking for the perfect site for your business? There are 8 industrial parks and 6 business parks in Grande Prairie. All industrial and business parks have opportunities for development alongside longstanding and reputable businesses.
See the above map for all the commercial and industrial areas in Grande Prairie hosted on Google Maps. Contact the Economic Development Department to discuss opportunities in Grande Prairie.