- Location and Distance to Markets
- Demographics, Labour Force and Housing
- Education, Innovation & Opportunity
- Business Costs, Taxation and Incentives
- Development, Transportation, Utilities
- Information on Shopping, Parks, Culture and Health Care
- Sector profiles on Agriculture, Forestry, Oil & Gas, Retail and Tourism
Contact the Economic Development Department to request hard copies or download the online version here:
2019 Retail Market Analysis
Conducted to get a better understanding of the current opportunities available to Grande Prairie business owners and investors, the 2019 Retail Market Analysis provides valuable information on:
- Retail Trade Area Demographics & Income
- Retail Inventory Supply & Performance
- Retail Outflow vs. Inflow
- Consumer Survey Results
- Consumer Survey Cross-Tabulations – Residence, Age & Income
Hotel & Event Facilities Guide
Grande Prairie is a community of choice to host a wide variety of proceedings from conferences, trade-shows and meetings to high-calibre sport and recreation events.
From the boardroom to 115,000 square feet of event space, you’ll find the perfect place to host your next meeting or event in this guide. Take a peek at what Grande Prairie has to offer.
Hospital Economic Impact & Gap Analysis
The Grande Prairie Regional Hospital Economic Impact & Gap Analysis was completed in October 2016 to measure the economic impact of the $730 million facility and to assess Grande Prairie’s capacity for supporting the increase in demand arising from the requirements of the new regional hospital.
Industrial Attraction Strategy
The Industrial Attraction Strategy was born out of Council’s 2015 - 2018 Strategic Plan. The plan seeks to create a competitive advantage with respect to infrastructure, service levels and costs for commercial and industrial development.