The City of Grande Prairie's Arts Development Committee was established to function as a Committee of Council and is guided by the Arts Development Committee Terms of Reference.
The role of the Committee is to administer:
- The Arts Development Fund to assist artists to reach the next level of development, expression, or performance.
- The Festival Fund to assist groups in hosting cultural festivals in Grande Prairie
- The Public Arts Reserve Fund to commission, purchase and maintain Public Art for the City of Grande Prairie based on the Public Art Policy.
Funding decisions will be made by the Committee.
The Committee will be guided by the Arts Development /Festival Funding Guidelines and the Public Art Policy in making funding decisions. Changes to the Terms of Reference or any of the aforementioned Guidelines or Policy may be initiated by Council or the Committee, but in all cases will require approval by Council.
Annually the Committee will report to Council showing the value of the funds and grants and purchases made, to whom and in what amounts.
The Committee may make recommendations to Council regarding the ongoing financial management of the Fund.
No single grant will exceed 20% of the entire yearly grant budget.
Any funds not allocated each year will be placed in a Public Arts reserve fund.
- 3 Councillors appointed by Council;
- The Mayor, ex officio;
- 4 members of the Public appointed by Council;
The Chair will be a Councillor appointed by Council.
Members will be appointed for three years, with consideration for appointment to a maximum of six consecutive years.
Meetings will be held quarterly and may meet more frequently to deal with emergent situations that require immediate attention.
NIL. This is a volunteer position.
Skills, abilities, and experience
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Ability to commit time to attend meetings during the workday
- Skill in research and analysis
- Experience in the Arts or hosting Special Events
- Experience in business, management, government or community organizations
There are no vacancies at this time. Applications will open in late fall 2019 for positions available in 2020.
For further information
Call the Legislative Services Department at 780-357-8747 or email firstname.lastname@example.org