The Combative Sports Commission was established to control and regulate Combative Sports Events in accordance with the Combative Sports Commission Bylaw C-1173A.
The Commission shall control and regulate all Combative Sports Events.
- 1 Councillors appointed by Council
- The Mayor, ex officio
- 2 members from City Administration
- 5 members of the Public appointed by Council
- 1 member from County Administration
The Chairman and Vice-Chairman will be elected each year at the first meeting of the Commission held after the annual organizational meeting of Council.
Members will be appointed for three years, with consideration for appointment to a maximum of two consecutive terms.
Meetings will be held quarterly and may meet more frequently, as required.
NIL. This is a volunteer position.
Skills, abilities, and experience
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Ability to commit time to attend meetings during the workday
- Skill in research and analysis
- Knowledgeable and Passionate about Combative Sports
- Experience in business, management, government or community organizations
There are no vacancies at this time. Applications will open in late fall 2019 for positions available in 2020.
For further information
Call the Legislative Services Department at 780-357-8747 or email firstname.lastname@example.org