Terms of Reference for the Community Enhancement Advisory Committee as amended April 2014.
The purpose of the Community Enhancement Advisory Committee is to provide an effective link between the community and City Council in all matters relating to initiatives that impact the environmental and social health of Grande Prairie.
The Committee members are champions for the sustainability of the community of Grande Prairie by fostering civic pride and environmental responsibility through education, innovation and community engagement.
The Committee will consist of up to nine (9) members appointed by Council including one who is a representative of Aquatera Utilities Inc.
Members will serve for a term of up to three years with provision for renewal for an additional 3 year term.
The Committee will approve a regular meeting schedule. The Committee Chair may call meetings outside of the regular schedule at their discretion.
NIL. This is a volunteer position.
Skills, abilities, and experience
- Knowledge and skills in the areas of policy and program development, personnel management, finance and budget preparation or advocacy
- Board or Committee member experience and parliamentary procedure
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to speak in public and communicate effectively
- Ability to be flexible, adaptable, committed and enthusiastic
There are no vacancies at this time. Applications will open in late fall 2019 for positions available in 2020.
For further information
Call the Legislative Services Department at 780-357-8747 or email firstname.lastname@example.org