Serve Your Community - Become a Member of the Grande Prairie Library Board
The City of Grande Prairie invites you to serve on the Grande Prairie Library Board. There are currently 3 vacancies. For an aaplication form please click here.
The role of the Board is to manage and control the City of Grande Prairie Library and organizes, promotes and maintains comprehensive and efficient library services in the City.
The Board shall consist of ten (10) members appointed by Council, eight (8) Public Members, one (1) City Councillor and one (1) member from the Municipal District of Greenview No. 16.
Public Member positions are held for a term of three years. Members are eligible for reappointment to a maximum of three consecutive terms.
Meetings are held monthly with a minimum of ten (10) meetings held each year.
NIL. This is a volunteer position.
Skills, abilities, and experience
- Knowledge and skills in the areas of policy and program development, personnel management, finance and budget preparation or advocacy
- Knowledge or skills in fundraising
- Board or Committee member experience and parliamentary procedure
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to speak in public and communicate effectively
- Passion for literacy
- Ability to be flexible, adaptable, committed and enthusiastic
The deadline for applications is November 22, 2019.
You can submit your application by clicking on the "Submit" button on the application form, via email to email@example.com, or in person at City Hall, 10205 - 98 Street.
For further information
Call the Legislative Services Department at 780-357-8747 or email firstname.lastname@example.org