The Board hears and decides appeals:
- Of the Subdivision Authority, and
- Where the Development Authority of the City:
- refuses to issue a development permit to a person;
- issues a development permit subject to conditions, or
- issues an order under Section 645 of the Municipal Government Act.
- 5 members of the Public appointed by Council
- 3 Council members
Appointments are required for terms not exceeding three (3) years. Members are eligible for reappointment to a maximum of six (6) consecutive years of service.
Meetings are scheduled upon receipt of appeals (approximately 8 - 10 hearings annually).
Appointed Public members may claim a per Diem rate of pay for attending the Subdivision and Development Appeal Board Hearings at a rate of $200.00 for each full day (at least 4 hours).
Skills, abilities, and experience
- Experience or understanding of the principles of administrative law;
- Understanding of the planning process and legislation;
- Ability to analyze, weigh evidence, determine facts and make decisions;
- Ability to be fair and impartial;
- Must be able to communicate effectively and work within a team environment;
- Ability to read blueprints;
- Ability to be flexible, adaptable, committed and enthusiastic.
There are no vacancies at this time. Applications will open in late fall 2019 for positions available in 2020.
For further information
Please contact the Legislative Services Department at 780-357-8747 or email email@example.com