Look for employment opportunities that align with your education, skills and experience - but also ones that excite you!
Here are some tips for you to prepare your job application:
- Be precise and include how your education and experience relates to the position.
- Include special assignments and/or projects that have enabled you to develop competencies that are relevant to the position.
- Include a detailed resume and cover letter.
- Tell us what makes you unique! We are looking for people that stand out from other applicants. Highlight why you are the best candidate for our opportunity!
Please respond to specific employment opportunities only. Unsolicited resumes received by the Human Resources department will not be kept on file.
Your application will be screened on the basis of the qualifications listed in the employment opportunity. The screening includes a review of your education, experience and skills.
The City of Grande Prairie is committed to fair employment practices and to selecting the best candidate to meet the position’s requirements. We use a hiring committee approach to interviewing and all candidates are asked the same questions.
At the interview:
- You will be provided with information about the position, nature of work and the workplace, along with general information about the job.
- You will have the opportunity to assess City of Grande Prairie as potential employer.
- You will be asked questions by the hiring committee members.
- You will be asked questions that are behavioural based, asking you to recall and describe a past situation or example. These questions start with: "tell me about a time"... or "describe a situation".
- You will have the opportunity to ask questions of the interview team.
Hiring the right people is one of the most important jobs we do!! It takes time to make a decision and to contact references. Thank you in advance for your patience - if you've been interviewed, your hiring manager will contact you directly when a decision has been made.