Create change in your community by bringing your youth perspectives forward as a member of the Youth Advisory Council.
- Term: 1 year
- Time: A minimum of 2 hours per month, but on average is 4-5 hours with opportunities to get involved with special projects, committees, and events
- Members: YAC consists of up to 15 members per term
- Qualifications: Youth between the ages of 14 to 24, living or attending school in Grande Prairie
- How to Join: Applications to join YAC are accepted year-round, but each term has an annual deadline of September 15th. Once members are appointed in October, they begin their work and new applications are kept on file for the next year.
- Cost to Join: Free!
- Be an Advocate! Promote youth initiatives, keep City Council informed, attend local events, create social media posts, promote YAC within your school, and more!
- Boost your resume! Acquire great new employable skills, and gain leadership experience with an established City of Grande Prairie committee
- Access training! Receive orientation training, plus on-going mentorship, and support from a Community Development Facilitator
- Gain Experience! Coordinate a community-wide youth event during Youth Week, plan a special event, and offer the Youth Engagement Awards
- Connect to your City! Experience and explore Grande Prairie, advise on issues, learn about governance, influence policy, and shape the future of Grande Prairie
If this sounds like a good fit for you, please submit an application form!