The Youth Advisory Council has regular meetings to discuss issues pertinent to young people in the City of Grande Prairie and the surrounding area. Meetings are also a forum for GPYAC to:
• Organize youth events/activities
• Provide feedback or comments on Council policies or development applications
• Be consulted about particular youth issues or initiatives
• Receive training on particular issues or skills
To sit in on a GPYAC meeting, please contact the Youth Community Development Coordinator at 780-538-0380 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Past and present Youth Advisory Councils have been involved in organizing many events and activities for young people in Grande Prairie. They have talked to many young people about issues that are important to them and made sure that Council listens to what young people have to say.
- The Youth Engagement Awards
- Photography Art Exhibition by youth for youth
- Open Mic showcasing local young musical talent
- Me to We Youth Community Leadership Training
- The film screening of the youth council produced a documentary, "From Redneck to Rainbow"