If you are interested in having youth voices heard and shaping the future of the City. Recruitment is now open for the 2020 – 2021 Grande Prairie Youth Advisory Council (YAC).
The GPYAC consists of young people from a diverse mix of backgrounds who live across the city of Grande Prairie and the surrounding area.
How to Join
Successful applicants are appointed for one-year terms that run from January - December.
Any youth in the community are welcome to attend Youth Advisory Council meetings at any time, however only appointed Youth Advisory Councillors will have the ability to vote on motions and recommendations for initiatives and communication with City Council. If you'd like to be part of our discussions, please contact us for more information at email@example.com.
There are many reasons to become a member of the GPYAC, including:
- Having a say on what you want in need in Grande Prairie and having your voice heard
- Organizing events and opportunities for young people in the area
- Influencing Council policies and decisions regarding local young people
- Making a tangible change in the community
- Possible school credit for your involvement in Youth Council
As a member of the GPYAC you:
- Receive training in various leadership areas
- Learn new job and life skills
- Learn about Council and local governance
- Establish new personal and professional networks
- Gain valuable experience to build your resume
- Feel a sense of accomplishment as you make a difference in the community