The GPYC is open to any young person aged 13-24 years who works/ volunteers/ studies in the City of Grande Prairie and surrounding area.
It consists of young people from a diverse mix of backgrounds who live across the City of Grande Prairie and surrounding area.
How to Join
Applications to become a Youth Councillor are open until Friday, November 16. Download an application form here.
Successful applicants are appointed for one-year terms that run from January- December.
Any youth in the community are welcome to attend Youth Council meetings at any time or join a sub-committee at any time, however only appointed Youth Councillors will have the ability to vote on motions and recommendations for initiatives and communication with City Council. If you'd like to be part of our discussions, please contact us for more information at firstname.lastname@example.org.
There are many reasons to become a member of the GPYC, including:
- Having a say on what you want in need in Grande Prairie and having your voice heard
- Organizing events and opportunities for young people in the area
- Influencing Council policies and decisions regarding local young people
- Making a tangible change in the community
As a member of the GPYC you:
- Receive training in various leadership areas
- Learn new job and life skills
- Learn about Council and local governance
- Establish new personal and professional networks
- Gain valuable experience to build your resume
- Feel a sense of accomplishment as you make a difference in the community