Corporate Facility Management’s qualified and experienced staff provide services that ensure all City-owned facilities are safe, comfortable, energy-efficient and well maintained. We ensure that the purpose and functionality of each facility is strategically aligned with the organization, while maintaining fiscal, environmental and social responsibility. We are responsible for the commitment, development and implementation of all facility-related projects. These services are provided in three separate areas of operation: Facility/Asset Management (Plan), Project Management (Build) & Maintenance Management (Maintain).
Facility/Asset Management – PLAN
• Monitor the conditions of facilities' physical assets ensuring sustainability & fiscal responsibility.
• Ensure facility functionality meets departmental operational requirements and organizational strategy.
• Asset data collection and management, infrastructure planning, spatial & occupancy requirements, Service Level Agreement co-management (internal & external clients), and lease agreement management with external clients.
Project Management - BUILD
• Project management of all capital & renewal facility construction projects. Consultation services to building & department managers for future project requests (capital and renewal).
• Ensure all projects are in compliance with municipal, provincial and federal standards.
• Work with Health & Wellness Safety Coordinator and external contractors to ensure all projects meet legislative requirements and make certain resources are being utilized in a cost-effective manner.
Maintenance Management - MAINTAIN
• Planning and service delivery of all facility-related daily reactive work orders, ongoing scheduled preventive maintenance & strategic predictive maintenance.
• Co-management and utilization of Service Level Agreements (SLA) that are specific to each facility and/or department, ie: arenas, aquatics, office, shop space, external partners, etc..
• Building management of City Service Centre facility only.