Events held on City of Grande Prairie property may require an event permit in addition to booking approval or rental contracts for specific venues.
Examples include special events held on the following locations:
- Major roadways (excluding parades)
- All other roadways (excluding parades)
- Outdoors on all other City property
- Public/Private land (Gatherings of greater than 25 people require permits for events in parks)
Event Categories may include, but are not limited to:
- Walk/Run Events
- Promotional/Commercial Events
A booking approval or use permit from the venue if the event takes place at a City of Grande Prairie rental venue
A Commercial Building Permit from Inspection Services if any of the following are being used:
Tents or canopies larger than 108 square feet require a Commercial Building Permit from Inspection Services. Each tent requires a permit.
- Stages 24" from grade to the walking surface. Each stage requires a permit.
- All bleachers.
Click here for information on temporary structures and to download instruction packages.
- Proof of a minimum of $2 million liability insurance with the City of Grande Prairie named as additional insured
The Special Event Permit Application must be submitted along with any supporting documents and required permits at least sixty days prior to event date. A non-refundable permit fee of $250 is required with the application. Non-profits are exempt from this fee. Once submitted, a City representative will be in contact with you.
If you have any questions pertaining to the application, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Submit applications by e-mail to: email@example.com.