Construction began on January 5, 2021 on the Combined Heat and Power (CHP) units at the Eastlink Centre.
During construction you may expect to see:
- More workers on site
- Occasional heavy equipment accessing the site
- Some initial noise when the CHP turbines start-up
- Some of the parking stalls on Knowledge Way closed (the ring road behind ELC)
- Changes to landscaping
- Seven aspen trees will be removed and replaced with upgraded landscaping
- The area in front of the units will see a change in landscaping during the summer of 2021
Construction is anticipated to conclude by the end of March.
For more information on the project, visit cityofgp.com/energy or contact 780-538-0300.