Snow and Ice Control Operations - Tuesday, October 20, 2020.
Throughout the City snow plowing and ice control takes place in two ways:
- Occurs continuously throughout the winter in response to changing weather conditions.
- The goal is to plow arterial (priority 1) and secondary (priority 2) roads to maintain clear access for emergency vehicles and general commuters.
- Includes ice control operations such as sanding and salting, as well as windrow pick-up.
- Occurs in two-week rotations only when triggered by the City.
- If a neighbourhood is not complete in week one, crews will return in week two.
- Operated Monday to Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- The City hires contracted crews to plow residential roads.
City of Grande Prairie snow and ice control crews are currently monitoring priority 1 and 2 routes for icy conditions and sanding as needed.
Crews will be fully transitioned to winter operations on Sunday, November 1, 2020. Until then, crews will monitor weather and road conditions and are prepared to respond as needed.
Google Translate is provided as a free tool to enhance the usability of the City of Grande Prairie website. As such, the City of Grande Prairie is not responsible for Google Translate™.