Snow Clearing Updates for January 13 to 17, 2020
Friday, January 17, 2020:
- City crews are clearing priority 2 routes in Royal Oaks, Crystal Ridge, Lakeland, and Crystal Lake.
- Sanding on priority 2 routes is ongoing.
- Crews are also actively plowing and sanding the City's trail network.
- A parking ban is in effect on all permanent snow routes.
Thursday, January 16, 2020:
- City crews are clearing priority 2 routes in Grande Banks, Westpointe, and Royal Oaks.
- Sanding and salting of all priority roads is ongoing.
- A parking ban on permanent snow routes is in effect.
Wednesday, January 15, 2020:
- City Crews are clearing priority 2 routes in Avondale, Swanavon, and Mission Heights. They will continue working on priority 2 routes until complete.
- City crews are actively sanding and salting priority routes, a reminder to drivers to travel with caution, slow down, and leave adequate space to stop as cold temperatures lead to extremely icy conditions.
- Residential snow clearing is paused and will resume next week when temperatures are expected to move out of the extreme cold.
Tuesday, January 14, 2020:
- Extreme cold temperatures continue to impact snow clearing, City crews are focused on clearing, sanding, and salting priority 2 roads.
- The City's trail network is actively being plowed, sanded, and salted.
- A parking ban on permanent snow routes continues to be in place.
- This round of residential snow clearing has been paused due to extremely cold temperatures. The rotation is expected to resume next week when temperatures rise. Further details will be published when confirmed.
Monday, January 13, 2020:
- The current rotation of residential snow clearing has been paused for the week due to extreme cold temperatures impacting the effectiveness of the operation.
- City crews are focused on core snow clearing services such as clearing, sanding, and salting priority 1 and 2 routes.
- Drivers are reminded to slow down and allow extra time to come to a full stop.
- Icy areas may be reported online using SeeClickFix, or by calling the Citizen Contact Centre at 780-538-0300.
Sign-up to receive these updates directly to your inbox!
Google Translate is provided as a free tool to enhance the usability of the City of Grande Prairie website. As such, the City of Grande Prairie is not responsible for Google Translate™.