Friday, January 10, 2020:
- A two-week rotation of residential snow clearing began yesterday. On Monday, January 13, crews will be in the neighbourhoods of Crystal Heights, Crystal Landing, Hillside, Ivy Lake Estates, Mountview, Summit, and VLA/Montrose.
- City crews continue to plow the priority road network and are currently focusing on priority 2 roads. They are also actively sanding/salting.
- A parking ban is currently in place on all permanent snow roads. These roads are marked with "snow route" signs.
- City crews also are currently working on clearing, sanding, and salting the City's trail network to allow for safe usage by residents.
Thursday, January 9, 2020:
- City snow clearing crews have completed the plowing of priority 1 routes, they continue to plow priority 2 routes.
- City crews are also actively sanding/salting the priority road network. Residents may report icy areas online through SeeClickFix, or by calling the Citizen Contact Centre at 780-538-0300.
- A two-week rotation of residential snow clearing has begun, tomorrow crews will be in the neighbourhoods of Arbour Hills, Copperwood, Crystal Lake Estates, Crystal Ridge, Gateway, Lakeland, Northridge, and Royal Oaks.
- A parking ban was declared on Wednesday, January 7 and is in effect until further notice.
Wednesday, January 8, 2020:
A parking ban has been declared and is in effect as of today. The ban restricts parking on permanent snow routes from Monday to Friday to allow crews to safely and efficiently plow roads during times of heavy snowfall.
Residential snow clearing has been initiated and will begin on Thursday, January 9 in the neighbourhoods of Mission Heights, O’Brien Lake, Pinnacle Ridge, Stone Ridge, and Westpointe. Residential snow clearing occurs weekdays from 8 am to 5 pm in various neighbourhoods over a two week time period when initiated by the City
Crews are actively plowing, sanding, and salting, all priority roads throughout the City. The fresh snowfall has led to icy conditions, commuters are reminded to drive to winter road conditions and allow enough time and space for vehicles to come to a stop.
Tuesday, January 7, 2020:
- City crews have completed plowing priority 1 roads and are continuing to plow priority 2 roads.
- All priority roads continue to be sanded and salted.
- The City's trail network is actively being plowed, sanded, and salted.
- No parking bans are currently declared.
Monday, January 6, 2020:
- City crews are currently clearing priority 1 and 2 routes. They are also sanding and salting these routes.
- They are also patrolling for icy areas on the priority road network. Icy areas may be reported online using SeeClickFix, or by calling the Citizen Contact Centre at 780-538-0300.
- City Crews are also plowing and patrolling the City's trail network.