Friday, November 15, 2019:
- Due to extremely icy conditions, City crews are focused on sanding and salting priority 1, 2 and 3 routes as well as the City's trail network.
- Parking bans on all permanent snow routes are still in effect.
Thursday, November 14, 2019:
- Today, residential snow clearing crews are plowing in the neighbourhoods of Mission Heights, O’Brien Lake, Pinnacle Ridge, Stone Ridge, and Westpointe.
- Tomorrow, residential snow clearing crews will be plowing in the neighbourhoods of Arbour Hills, Copperwood, Crystal Lake Estates, Crystal Ridge, Gateway, Lakeland, Northridge, and Royal Oaks.
- Priority 1 Routes have all been plowed and windrows have all been picked up.
- Priority 2 routes continue to be plowed into centre windrows by City crews. The crews are also picking up the windrows on priority 2 roads.
- Finally, City crews continue to plow, sand, and salt the trail network.
Wednesday, November 13, 2019:
The City of Grande Prairie has began a two-week round of residential snow clearing.
Today, residential crews are clearing snow in the neighbourhoods of Avondale, Cobblestone, College Park, Fieldbrook, Highland Park, Riverstone, Smith, and Swanavon.
Tomorrow, residential snow clearing crews will be in the neighbourhoods of Mission Heights, O’Brien Lake, Pinnacle Ridge, Stone Ridge, and Westpointe.
A parking ban on all permanent snow routes is in effect, the ban restricts parking on marked roads from Monday to Friday between 7 a.m. to 9 p.m. until the ban is lifted.
City crews continue to sand and salt priority 1 routes.
City crews continue to clear priority 2 roads and are picking up windrows in the downtown area, Crystal Ridge, Crystal Heights, and Crystal Lake.
City crews are actively plowing, sanding, and salting the City's trail network.
Tuesday, November 12, 2019:
- Crews began plowing priority 1 and 2 roads during the last half of last week, they will continue plowing these routes as long as weather conditions call for it.
- Snow on priority 1 routes is being hauled away.
- Snow on priority 2 routes is being stored in centre windrows for the time being.
- City crews are actively sanding and salting priority 1 and 2 routes.
- City crews are plowing, sanding, and salting City trails.
- It is anticipated parking bans on permanant snow routes will be in effect tomorrow.
- Residential snow plowing is also expected to begin tomorrow.