Why is it Important to Report Crime?
There are many reasons for reporting a crime:
- It can help to protect you, your family and community from future crimes.
- It can give you a chance to deal with the harm done to you or others.
- There is a better chance of finding the person responsible.
- It may stop someone from committing another crime.
- It can provide the information that could solve the crime.
You can make a difference in our City by reporting crime to the RCMP at 780-830-5700.
Sharing information you have about a crime, or someone involved in committing a crime,can help the RCMP solve cases and prevent future crimes from taking place.
Crime Prevention offers countless programs and initiatives for residents to get involved with:
- Host a Conversation Café
- Request a Safety Audit
- Attend a Lunch & Learn
There are a number of ways that you can help to make your community more connected and safer.
- Get to know your neighbours
- Be aware of strangers in your community
- Maintain your property – a well maintained neighbourhood is less attractive to criminals
- Join your Neighbourhood Association
Google Translate is provided as a free tool to enhance the usability of the City of Grande Prairie website. As such, the City of Grande Prairie is not responsible for Google Translate™.