Culture Full Day Camps
When school is out, what do you do to keep your children occupied? Are they needing a fun way to spend days off?
The Grande Prairie Museum and Heritage Discovery Centre have the answer for you! Located in the heart of the city, our day camp instructors design well-rounded, fun activities.
Each week has a different theme and is jam packed to keep your children active, stimulated and having fun!
Culture Full Day Camps offer activities such as:
- Games both outside and inside
- Field trips
- And much more!
Ready to Register?
Step 1: Prepare to Register
To register you’ll need:
- Family PIN and Login ID
- Course Number
- Credit Card number and expiry date
- Cash and debit are available for in-person registration only
Step 2: Choose from our three registration options
- Online: log into econnect.cityofgp.com and search for programs by barcode or activity type
- Phone: Call 780-830-5000 to register
- In-Person: Visit our facilities during business hours as of registration day
City of Grande Prairie Booking Policy
If the City Cancels: The City reserves the right to cancel, combine or divide classes or make another necessary revisions. If a class is cancelled due to insufficient registration, participants will be given the opportunity to transfer to another class or have their fees refunded.
If the Participant cancels or Transfers: If the cancellation/ transfer occurs 10 days before the program start date, a refund will be issued one of three ways:
- If you have paid by credit card, a reversal of the transaction will occur (less a $5.00 transaction fee).
- If you have paid by cheque cash or interact, you may request a refund cheque (less a $5.00 transaction fee). Cheques take approximately 10 days to process.
- Or a credit (less a $5.00 transaction fee) will be applied to your account in our database which can be used for future City operated programming.
If it is less than 10 days before the program start date, no withdrawals or transfers will be accepted. A refund or credit will not be issues – with the exception of relocation or medical reasons, which must be accompanied by a doctor’s certificate.
Recreation Access Program (RAP)
The Recreation Access Program is a pilot program to help ensure all residents have access to leisure, recreation and fitness opportunities. We value providing socially inclusive programs to each individual and family in Grande Prairie. Providing this program to eligible participants removes financial barriers while enhancing community and family connectedness.
The program offers a 75% subsidy on memberships, passes and registered programs to qualifying applicants. This enables participants to access the facilities for only 25% of the regular fare. The Grande Prairie Museum and Heritage Discovery Centre are participating facilities.
For full details and an application form, click here.
Please ensure you bring to camp:
- A water bottle
- Outdoor running shoes
- Nut-free snacks
- Nut-free lunch
- Sunscreen/bug spray (optional)
- a hat (optional)
- Please note: any medication that your child needs during the time of the program needs to come in the original prescription bottle with a matching name to the child. The child must be able to administer his or her own medication.