Arts Development Individual Project Funding
The purpose of this fund is to
- Support and encourage the development of local artists and groups involved in the arts.
- Support programs/projects which foster and promote the enjoyment of visual, literary and performing arts by local artists and groups that contribute to the cultural fabric of the community (e.g. exhibitions, displays, preservation of art)
- Consider unique opportunities for local capital development.
NOTE: Individual Project funding can only be received by a group or individual every other year.
Apply for the Arts Development Individual Project Funding
Applications will be considered every year as funds allow. The deadline for receipt of funding applications is March 1st and October 1st of each year. Committee sits approximately 1 month after the deadline.
Applicants will be notified following the committee’s decision. The committee’s decisions will be final; grants could be conditional. Applicants are advised that if successful here, their request will not be considered under any other grant process administered by the City.
An application form has been developed in order to clarify the process and to help ensure that all applications are complete in accordance with established criteria.
March 1st and October 1st of each year as funds allow. Any funds not allocated on the first deadline will be available for the second. Applications must be received on or before the application deadline or they cannot be considered.
Criteria and Guidelines
- One application is required per project.
- A current resume/cv must be included with the application.
- Individual, artist or group must be based in the community or immediate area.
- Individuals and groups in the arts community must have demonstrated a level of achievement in their discipline.
- The applicant must demonstrate how the individual or group will attain the next level of artistic development or provide a statement of expected results.
- No Individual Project funding will exceed 20% ($1,400.00) of the entire budget of the project.
- Individual Project funding can only be received by a group or individual every other year.
- Wherever possible, recipients are requested to acknowledge funding received from the City of Grande Prairie Arts Development fund in related advertising or promotional materials.
All applications are to be submitted as electronic attachments and emailed to email@example.com
- Completed online application form
- Detailed budget for the project listing all expenses and revenues (be sure to identify all sources of funding)
- Minimum of two letters that attest to your/your group’s artistic ability (include contact information)
- An example of you or your group’s work (ie. excerpt of writing, sound recording, slides, images, portfolio, etc.)
- Current Resume
- Merit (how the funding will benefit the artist or group)
- Impact of the project for artist or group and community
- Reasonableness of the budget; financial need
- Ability of the artist or group to complete proposed project
- Demonstrates how the applicant will come up with the remainder of the funding
NOTE: Unexpended funds must be returned to the City of Grande Prairie.
Wherever possible, recipients are requested to acknowledge funding received from the City of Grande Prairie Arts Development fund in related advertising or promotional materials.
For further information, please contact:
Sports Development, Wellness and Culture, City of Grande Prairie
PO Bag 4000 Grande Prairie, AB T8V 6V3