The Bob Neufeld Scholarship provides up to 4 scholarships of $1,000 annually to individuals who are pursuing excellence in their chosen sport(s). Applications can be from individual athletes, volunteer coaches or officials who have a desire to further their expertise in their chosen sport.
- Applicants will be eligible to apply for one scholarship in each calendar year.
- Deadlines for scholarship applications are March 1 and October 1 of each year.
- Please complete and submit the Bob Neufeld Scholarship Application Form
- *In order to submit your application form by email, you need to have Adobe Reader XI
- Please attach the form to an email addressed to email@example.com
Applications must be received prior to the event occurring. Applications received after an event will not be accepted.
Applicants for these awards must:
Exhibit excellence in their respective sport.
Provide an individual goal statement and a history of performance and achievements.
Clubs submitting applications on behalf of its members are limited to one applicant per club, per funding deadline.
Applications must include letters of support from a coach/mentor and National Sport Association outlining how they exhibit excellence in their respective sport.
Coaching applicants must be volunteers.
These athletes have used these funds to improve their standings at the National level:
Adrien Schadeck, Track & Field
Lee Dandefur, Basketball
Molly Bouchard, Wrestling
Mitchel Cote, Volleyball
Danielle Smith, Volleyball
Ryan Sheehan - Gymnast
Lucas McMahon - Speed Skater
Cathy Martinek - Martial Arts
Alex Bateman - Freestyle Skier
Ryan Schoorlemmer - Speed Skater
Ryan Blais - Freestyle Skier
Cord Spero - Freestyle Skier
Lindsay McCaustlin - Figure Skater
Sports Development, Wellness and Culture, City of Grande Prairie
PO Bag 4000 Grande Prairie, AB T8V 6V3