Grande Prairie residents are invited to apply for 35 seats on eight different City of Grande Prairie boards and committees.
The boards and committees fulfil various purposes within the community and range in scope of decisions and advice provided to the City of Grande Prairie.
New for 2020 is the Community Advisory Committee. The new committee provides advice on matters relating to significant recreation and cultural projects, ongoing engagement activities, community improvement, community pride and events, and grant funding opportunities.
The boards and committees with public seats available include:
- Combative Sports Commission – 2 vacancies
- Community Advisory Committee – 11 vacancies
- Community Knowledge Campus (CKC) Advisory Committee – 3 vacancies
- Economic Development Strategic Planning & Advisory Committee – 7 vacancies
- Grande Prairie Airport Commission – 3 vacancies
- Grande Prairie Public Library Board – 2 vacancies
- Municipal Policing Advisory Committee – 5 vacancies
- Subdivision & Development Appeal Board – 2 vacancies
The deadline to apply for the City’s Boards and Committees is November 30, 2020. For more information and to apply, visit the boards and committees page on cityofgp.com.