The City of Grande Prairie met with representatives from the Disabled Transportation Society this afternoon to productively work together on options for accessible transportation in Grande Prairie.
The City and the Society have agreed to these priorities moving forward:
- Work together to restore the previous level of service;
- Jointly develop a Request for Proposal to explore a future service model;
- The City agrees to provide funding to meet the previous level of service up to a minimum of August 1, 2019;
- To meet again within one week; and
- To jointly keep the community informed of ongoing progress.
Both parties remain committed to ensuring accessible transportation in Grande Prairie and are confident in finding an innovative, sustainable option to meet client needs in the community.