The City of Grande Prairie invites members of the public, business owners, and association/industry representatives to participate in an online survey and online public information session to learn about proposed changes to the Business License Bylaw.
If approved, the proposed changes support economic development activities, such as business retention, investment attraction, and overall economic growth by providing the City and industry with a deep and specific understanding of the local business landscape.
The proposed changes will also update licensing practices and support the City’s vision to contribute to a healthy economy by ensuring it provides businesses and industry with clear, consistent, and reasonable regulations.
The new bylaw is proposed to:
- License all businesses operating in the City of Grande Prairie.
- Build a better understanding of the local business community by increasing the clarity of information collected, such as the type of business operating and the 5-digit NAICS code (North American Industry Classification System).
- Provide the City with key information to support the community during an emergency response.
The online public information sessions will occur on August 11 at 3:30 p.m. and September 9 at 7 p.m., where attendees will learn about:
- proposed changes to the bylaw and their benefits,
- the purpose of licensing all businesses, and
- how we compare to other municipalities.
The session will occur online via ZOOM and those interested in attending must register on Eventbrite.
The online survey is located on the City’s Engagement Website and is open until August 19.