Here is a list of current facility closures of City-owned/operated facilities. Please note all provincial health regulations remain in effect at each location.
|Centre for Creative Arts||x|
|City on 99||x|
|City Service Centre||x|
|Community Social Development||x|
|Dave Barr Community Centre||x|
|Fire Hall North- Salmond||x|
|Fire Hall South- Pete Eager||x|
|Fire Hall West- Westgate||x|
|Golden Age Centre||x|
|Grande Prairie Outdoor Pool||x|
|Grande Prairie Curling Centre||x|
|Grande Prairie Gymnastics Centre||x|
|Grande Prairie Indoor Soccer||x|
|Grande Prairie Live Theatre||x|
|Grande Prairie Museum||x|
|Heritage Discovery Centre||x|
|Montrose Cultural Centre (including the Grande Prairie Public Library and the Art Gallery of Grande Prairie)||x|
|Muskoseepi Park (Ernie Radbourne Pavillion)||x|
|South Bear Creek Park indoor facilities||x|
Visit alberta.ca/covid19 for a full listing of provincial regulations.
Below is a list of events that were updated, postponed or cancelled in 2020.
For a current 2021 event listing and the COVID-19 protocols in place for each event, visit cityofgp.com/events.
|Event||Status||Original Date||Postponed Date|
|Easter Eggstravaganza||CANCELLED||April 11, 2020||N/A|
|Fiddler's Jamboree||CANCELLED||April 19, 2020||N/A|
|Spring Break Camps||CANCELLED||April 13-17, 2020||N/A|
|Spring Home and Garden Show||CANCELLED||April 17-19, 2020||N/A|
|City Scrub||POSTPONED||April 19-26, 2020||April 28-May 8, 2020|
|Earth Day||CANCELLED||April 22, 2020||N/A|
|Mother's Day Tea||CANCELLED||May 10, 2020||N/A|
|International Museum Day||POSTPONED||May 16, 2020||September 5, 2020|
|Rock Downtown/ Monster Inflatables||CANCELLED||N/A||N/A|
|Summer Camps||POSTPONED||June 29- August 21, 2020||July 6-August 21, 2020|
|Active Play||CANCELLED||July 7- August 23, 2020||N/A|
|Municipal Government Day||CANCELLED||June 24, 2020||N/A|
|Canada Day||ON SCHEDULE||July 1, 2020|
|Eastlink Triathlon||CANCELLED||September 9, 2020||N/A|
|Heritage Day||ON SCHEDULE||August 3, 2020||N/A|
|Alberta Culture Days||CANCELLED||September 25-27, 2020||N/A|
|Heritage Village Folktales Tour||ON SCHEDULE||October 16 & 17, 2020||N/A|
|Halloween Spooktacular||ON SCHEDULE||October 31, 2020||N/A|
|International Volunteer Day||ON SCHEDULE||December 8, 2020||N/A|
|New Year’s Eve||ON SCHEDULE||December 31, 2020|
Eastlink Centre Memberships
Eastlink Centre and Coca Cola Centre members with active memberships will have their membership frozen and extended during all closures. Full details will be emailed to individual users via their online registration accounts.
For questions, please contact 780-538-0300 or visit cityofgp.com/book.
Recreation Programming and Booking:
Effective July 1, 2021 restrictions have been eased by the provincial government in accordance with Stage 3 of Alberta’s Open for Summer Plan.
- Eastlink Centre reopened Monday, June 14.
- The Grande Prairie Outdoor Pool has increased capacity to 40 people per booking
- Revolution Place, Dave Barr Community Centre and The Leisure Centre are now open to the public and available for bookings.
- The Montrose Cultural Centre is re-open to the public and available for bookings. Stay tuned to the Grande Prairie Public Library and Art Gallery of Grande Prairie for more information on their facility reopenings.
- The Grande Prairie Museum & Heritage Discovery Centre reopen Tuesday, June 15.
- Youth activities (day camps) resume with restrictions as identified by the provincial government.
- Youth and adult sports resume with no restrictions, indoors and outdoors; this applies to the Leisure Centre and sport field bookings.
Residents are encouraged to explore our outdoor recreational opportunities.
Please reach out to the Corporate Citizen Experience Team at 780-538-0300 between 8:00 a.m. and 6:00 p.m. or at firstname.lastname@example.org if you require more information.
Sport and Recreation
Guidelines have been developed to support sport, physical activity and recreation organizations, participants and facilities in reducing the risk of transmission of COVID-19 among attendees. Individuals participating in organized activities sanctioned by, or affiliated with, a provincial or national organization should ensure they are also complying with their governing body’s guidelines, assuming they meet or exceed provincial guidelines.
Please refer to the provincial sport and recreation guidelines for more information
The City of Grande Prairie recognizes that parks and outdoor recreation spaces are important for health and wellness.
Users are encouraged to follow the provincial guidelines on outdoor activities when using parks, trails and outdoor recreation spaces:
- Do not use if you are exhibiting flu-like symptoms
- Follow public health guidance on personal hygiene prior to visiting recreation spaces
- Wash hands frequently
- Refrain from touching your face with unclean hands
- Sneeze and cough into your elbow
- Carry and use hand sanitizer
- Always maintain a proper physical distance of 2-metres from other individuals not in your household
- Plan activities with people only from your own household
- Plan your activity in advance to ensure physical distancing is possible. If your activity involves a public place:
- consider going during non-peak hours
- walk along the sides of trails and other public pathways to maintain distance
- share the trail and warn other users as you pass
- Avoid contact with frequently touched surfaces or objects
Visit the Government of Alberta website for general recreation guidelines.
We believe that parks and trails and nature can benefit our community's physical and mental health. All residents are encouraged to do their part to use them in a way that respects each other and public health directions. Visit cityofgp.com/summerplay for a list of free and fun activities to enjoy outdoors this season.