On Saturday, April 13 local non-profits have an opportunity to learn more about board governance at the Introduction to Board Governance: Understanding Your Roles and Responsibilities workshop hosted by the City of Grande Prairie and presented by the Alberta Culture and Tourism Board Development Program.
The workshop takes place from 8:00 a.m.- 4:30 p.m. at the Ernie Radbourne Pavilion in Muskoseepi Park and includes a lunch. Registration is $25 and is available online at econnect.cityofgp.com using course code 53774.
Topics covered in the workshop include:
- Understanding one’s legal landscape and legal responsibilities
- Concepts of governance and understanding the roles and responsibilities of board members
- Liability and risk management and the link to policy development
- An overview of organizational planning and financial responsibilities
- Building a strong team and effective relationships
- Effective meetings and making the most of committees
- Creating an effective structure to ensure work gets done
The workshop is designed for board members of registered non-profit societies wanting to learn more about their role, enhance their skills, and work more effectively as a board member. Limited space is available, so it is requested that no more than two board members per organization attend.
For more information and for assistance with online registration, please call 780-538-0451.