The City of Grande Prairie is hosting a festive, family celebration for Halloween with the Halloween Spooktacular on October 31 at the Grande Prairie Museum’s Heritage Village located in Muskoseepi Park.
Participants are invited to dress up in costume and take part in this walk-through, trick-or-treating style event. Trick-or-treating will take place outside rain, snow or shine so participants are encouraged to dress accordingly.
The event takes place from 1:00 p.m.- 5:00 p.m. Guests must book their time slots in advance at cityofgp.com/halloween for $2/child. No cost for adults accompanying children. Tickets are not available at the door.
The following health and safety measures are being put in place for the event:
- Only 30 children will be permitted per time spot to maintain physical distancing and allow for contact tracing
- Masks are strongly encouraged and will be available along with gloves at the door
- Sanitization stations will be readily available to the public
- Staff members will be present in the village to keep participants moving and ensure that cohorts are remaining physically distanced
- Separate entrances and exits will be used
- Increased sanitization of the venue will take place, such as sanitizing all high contact surfaces in between timeslots
- All staff members and volunteers will be wearing gloves and masks throughout the event.
For any questions regarding booking, residents can contact the Citizen Contact Centre at 780-538-0300.