With the increase in outdoor events in Grande Prairie, the Event Permit Bylaw has been updated to reflect the growing requirements to support these activities.
The changes in Bylaw C-1405 will ensure a timely application process to assist the event organizers in acquiring their Event Permit. These large-scale events often require other permits or licensing from the City of Grande Prairie or the Province of Alberta and it is essential appropriate time be allocated to facilitate the organization of these events.
The new changes include the following:
- The Bylaw now includes all outdoor events internal (City) and external (non-City) held on City facilities, and includes parking lots at City facilities.
- Permit applications are now due 60 days in advance of an event
- The permit fee of $250 is non-refundable and due at time of application
- Non-profits are exempt from the permit fee
- Any time an event requires approval from more than two departments, an event permit is required
To learn if events require an Event Permit, event organizers must first contact the venue of their choice to secure the booking. Then, if required, the venue will work with interested parties to initiate the Event Permit application process.
The City of Grande Prairie is excited to introduce this streamlined process and continue to support the many community organizations hosting local events throughout the year.