Eight award recipients in the social services field were recognized at the 15th Annual Passionate Heart Awards, celebrated virtually this year.
Sponsored by Family Community Support Services (FCSS) in the City of Grande Prairie, County of Grande Prairie, towns of Beaverlodge, Sexsmith and Wembley, and the Village of Hythe, the Passionate Heart Awards celebrate people and organizations who contribute significantly to their community, enhance social services in the region, and are dedicated to improving quality of life.
2021 Award Recipients:
- Passionate Heart Exceptional Service Award:
- Randy Nagel, Assistant Principal, Peace Wapiti Academy – Peace Wapiti Public School Division
- Krystle Bush, Community School Liaison Counselor – County of Grande Prairie
- Jen Clevette, Principal, Harry Balfour School – Peace Wapiti Public School Division
- Anna Underwood, Librarian – Wembley Public Library
- Anna Stewart, Home Support Coordinator – City of Grande Prairie
- Passionate Heart Exceptional Team Award:
- Swanavon Elementary School, Grande Prairie Public School District
- Building Blocks Daycare
- Passionate Heart Business Award:
- Brown's Socialhouse Westgate
- Chris Henderson Lifetime Achievement Award:
- Tanice Jones, Grande Prairie Family Education Society
"Celebrating and honouring these exceptional recipients working on the front lines in our communities is more important than ever," said Dale Bond, Home Support Coordinator for County of Grande Prairie FCSS. "These individuals, along with a team and business, gave their time and attention to those in need during a challenging year, making a difference to people and helping to shape strong and resilient communities."
“Coming together as a community to recognize the commitment and hard work of our front-line social service professionals and see their excellence honored by their peers and colleagues is always a meaningful occasion, made even more significant by the challenges of the past year,” says Angela Sutherland, City of Grande Prairie Community Social Development Manager. “The City is proud to be part of the Passionate Heart Awards as it demonstrates the strong collaborative partnership with regional FCSS partners and the resiliency of our community.”
The partnering municipalities congratulate all of the nominees and recipients for the 2021 awards. More information on the annual Passionate Heart awards can be found at www.cityofgp.com/passionateheart or www.countygp.ab.ca/passionateheart.