The City of Grande Prairie is advising the public that community facilities are available for drop-in for individuals requiring air conditioning to cool off during the heat wave:
The following facilities are open for all members of the public:
- Ernie Radbourne Pavilion
- Monday to Friday, 10:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.
- Saturday & Sunday, 12:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.
- Grande Prairie Museum
- Tuesday- Friday 11:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m.
- Saturday and Sunday, 12:00 p.m.- 6:00 p.m.
- Montrose Cultural Centre
- Library and concourse area only
- Monday -Thursday, 10:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m.
- Friday, 9:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.
- Saturday, 10:00 a.m.- 5:00 p.m.
- Sunday, 1:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- Eastlink Centre
- Monday- Friday, 5:30 a.m.- 8:30 p.m.
- Saturday, 9:00 a.m.- 5:00 p.m.
COVID protocols including mask wearing and physical distancing as listed at alberta.ca/covid remain in effect.
The City reminds residents to take other health precautions during the heat wave to stay safe and healthy including wearing sunscreen and weather appropriate clothing, rescheduling outdoor activities to during cooler hours, taking frequent breaks from heat and staying hydrated.
More health information is available through Alberta Health Services online.