The City of Grande Prairie has announced a round of residential snow clearing and parking bans on permanent snow routes, starting on February 3.
Residential snow clearing begins when activated by the City with consideration of snow accumulations and upcoming weather conditions. Current snowfall and snow and freezing weather in the forecast for the remainder of the week have led to conditions where a round of residential snow clearing is warranted.
Residential snow clearing occurs in two-week rotations and is completed by contracted snow removal crews from Monday to Friday between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. in the following neighbourhoods:
- Monday: Crystal Heights, Crystal Landing, Hillside, Ivy Lake Estates, Mountview, Summit, and VLA/Montrose.
- Tuesday: Country Club Estates, Countryside North and South, Country Club West, Patterson and South Patterson, Southview, and Signature Falls.
- Wednesday: Avondale, Cobblestone, College Park, Fieldbrook, Highland Park, Riverstone, Smith, and Swanavon.
- Thursday: Mission Heights, O’Brien Lake, Pinnacle Ridge, Stone Ridge, and Westpointe.
- Friday: Arbour Hills, Copperwood, Crystal Lake Estates, Crystal Ridge, Gateway, Lakeland, Northridge, and Royal Oaks.
If a neighbourhood is not completed in week one of the rotation, crews return in week two to complete the area.
A parking ban on all permanent snow routes is in effect as of today and is active from Monday to Friday between the hours of 7 a.m. to 9 p.m.
Priority Road Clearing
The City continues to plow, sand, and salt the priority road network.
Residents wishing to enquire about snow removal may call the Citizen Contact Centre at 780-538-0300.
For more information on snow removal, visit cityofgp.com/snow.