An online survey for residents to provide feedback on the $55 million proposed renovations to Revolution Place is now available at engage.cityofgp.com.
The survey runs until September 20 and is available for everyone to complete. It is designed to collect input regarding support for the proposed renovations and timing of the project, as well as programming and features of the facility to help inform potential designs.
A random telephone survey conducted by Forum Research is additionally being completed as part of the public engagement process. It starts later this week and runs until September 20. Details on a public open house will be announced in the coming weeks.
About the Revolution Place Revitalization
- Proposed renovations:
- Increase to 5,000 seats
- Full in-the-round second level concourse area for access to all amenities
- Additional concessions and washrooms
- Addition of 20 premium suites and premium lounge area for more diverse seating options
- Additional 5,000 square feet of meeting and conference space
- New arena entrance and Box Office, dividing access to the arena and the Bowes Event Centre
- Increased catering kitchen capacity
- Enhanced user experience and customer service
- Larger concerts, conferences and sporting events
- Space flexibility to do daily multi-rentals
- Increased revenue potential
- Conservative estimate of 175 event days annually
- Significant economic impact to local businesses
- Increased life expectancy of 30+ years
- $55,000,000 cost estimate (without phasing)
- Debt servicing 30 years @ 2.6% with an annual payment of $2,651,663.98
Community feedback from the engagement activities is being used to inform both the viability of completing the renovations, as well as what the scope of renovations may look like.
The City of Grande Prairie looks forward to hearing from all members of the community on how they would set the stage for the future of Revolution Place.