A number of City of Grande Prairie boards, committees and commissions are recruiting public members.
Vacancies currently exist on the following:
- Arts Development Committee
- Assessment Review Board
- Combative Sports Commission
- Community Enhancement Advisory Committee
- Complaint Adjudication Committee
- Council Remuneration Review Committee
- Grande Prairie Airport Commission
- Grande Prairie Public Library Board
- Pursuit of Excellence Committee
- Revolution Place Advisory Board
- Subdivision & Development Appeal Board
To learn more about each individual board and committee and to apply, visit www.cityofgp.com/city-government/mayor-city-council/boards-committees.
Applications are being accepted until November 22.
Boards, Committees and Commissions support to the City of Grande Prairie in specific areas by reviewing material, weighing alternatives, and making recommendations to Council. Council is then able to make more informed decisions while substantially expediting the decision-making process.
Some Boards, Committees and Commissions may also fill a quasi-judicial role, having the authority to make decisions and judgments as provided for in the Municipal Government Act.
At the City of Grande Prairie, representatives from the public to various Boards, Committees and Commissions are appointed by Council from a pool of applicants.