The City of Grande Prairie’s Pursuit of Excellence Committee is currently seeking applications for another public member to join the committee.
The Pursuit of Excellence Committee meets regularly to administer the Pursuit of Excellence funding to local athletes, coaches, and sport organizations in the region to help them achieve excellence in their chosen sport. The committee grants up to $42,500 each year.
The public member role is a voluntary position and members serve for a term of up to three years with a provision for renewal for an additional three-year term.
Applicants with the following skills, abilities and experience are encouraged to apply:
- Prior board or committee member experience and/or knowledge of governance best practices;
- Leadership experience in community/athletic organizations;
- Prior experience as a coach, athlete, official, sports administrator and/or volunteer;
- Knowledge/experience of public relations and networking;
- Contractual knowledge of local/regional sports, community associations and facilities;
- Passion for athletic and youth sport development;
- Ability to be flexible, adaptable, committed and enthusiastic.
Applications are available on the “Pursuit of Excellence Committee” webpage on the City website and are being accepted until a suitable candidate is found.
The Pursuit of Excellence Committee is comprised of the mayor (ex-officio), three members of council, one representative from the County of Grande Prairie, and five public members from the City of Grande Prairie.
For more questions on the position, contact the Legislative Services department at 780-357-8747.