A two-week round of residential snow clearing has been activated and will begin on Wednesday, November 13.
Residential snow clearing begins when activated by the City with consideration of snow accumulations and upcoming weather conditions. It occurs in two-week rotations and is completed by contracted snow removal crews from Monday to Friday between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m.
Residential snow clearing occurs on weekdays in the following neighbourhoods:
- Monday: Crystal Heights, Crystal Landing, Hillside, Ivy Lake Estates, Mountview, Summit, VLA/Montrose.
- Tuesday: Country Club Estates, Countryside North and South, Country Club West, Patterson and South Patterson, Southview, and Signature Falls.
- Wednesday: Avondale, Cobblestone, College Park, Fieldbrook, Highland Park, Riverstone, Smith, Swanavon.
- Thursday: Mission Heights, O’Brien Lake, Pinnacle Ridge, Stone Ridge, and Westpointe.
- Friday: Arbour Hills, Copperwood, Crystal Lake Estates, Crystal Ridge, Gateway, Lakeland, Northridge, and Royal Oaks.
If a neighbourhood is not completed in week one of the rotation, crews will return in week-two to complete the area.
City crews will also continue to plow, sand, and salt priority 1, 2, and 3 routes.
A parking ban on priority 1 and 2 routes is scheduled to begin on Wednesday, November 13. The parking ban is in effect from Monday to Friday between the hours of 7 a.m. to 9 p.m.
Residents wishing to enquire about snow removal may call the Citizen Contact Center at 780-538-0300. For more information on snow removal, visit cityofgp.com/snow.