The City of Grande Prairie Youth Council presented their Grande Prairie Youth Engagement Awards (GP YEA!) to five local businesses, organizations and individuals at their event on Monday, May 6.
Recipients of the awards include:
- Youth Friendly Business Award – Nitehawk Adventure Park
- Community Engagement Award – Montrose Cultural Center
- Community Engagement Awards – Grande Prairie Public Library
- Youth Employer Award – McDonald’s Restaurant
- Youth Mentor Award – Kate Weber
“Businesses and organizations that create inclusive and welcoming spaces for youth need to be encouraged and recognized, as these influences greatly contribute to the wellbeing and connection within our community as a whole,” says Youth Council member Danny Murphy.
The GP YEA! are presented annually to businesses, schools and community agencies that illustrate the valuable role community plays in positive youth development in Grande Prairie. More information on the awards can be found at cityofgp.com/yea.